You are at the beginning of the product development. Your company is not older than 12 months and your goal is to successfully complete the seed phase with the Proof of Technics. Private investors are not available or at a maximum of € 200 thousand.
The Seedfonds Bayern provides young Bavarian companies equity capital to finance the development of the company. Project content is always an innovative and technology-oriented product or service. After the start-up-financed seed phase, addditional capital providers, e.g. B. business angels or venture capital companies are financing further development and ultimately successful market entry.
The seed fund Bayern managed by Bayern Kapital finances newly founded high-tech companies/startups implementing an innovative idea or invention.
The minimum content requirements for the corporate concept are:
- Motivated, experienced and complementary team of founders available or foreseeable
- Technology with sustainable unique selling points or competitive advantages
- Products or technical services must represent an essential solution for the customer
- Growth market with significant market volume
- Sustainable, scalable business model
- After completing the early phase, the requirements for raising additional equity capital are given
- Depending on the business model, the “proof-of-concept” or a first prototype or first customer sales must be achieved with seed financing
- Exit scenario exists
- Fulfillment of the EU criteria for micro and small companies
- Overall financing of the early phase project secured
- The commencement of business activities may be no more than two years ago at the time of application
- More than 50% of the company’s shares are owned by the know-how providers before financing
- Integration of know-how carriers in the management
- Legal form of a German corporation
- Company headquarters or permanent establishment in Bavaria
- Fulfillment of the EU criteria for micro and small businesses:
- Company has no more than 50 employees
- Annual sales or annual balance sheet total of up to EUR 10 million
- Other companies own less than 25% of the share capital or the above criteria are also met when these other companies are included
- Fulfillment of the EU criteria for aid for start-ups according to Article 22 of Commission Regulation (EU) No. 651/2014 of June 17, 2014.
Fundamentally, financing together with the High-Tech Gründerfonds, private investors and the Seedfonds Bayern is aimed to achieve the capital volume that is mostly required for innovative seed projects.
In individual cases, sole funding from the Seedfonds Bayern is possible, e.g. if significant financial contributions for the seed project can result from early sales.
- Amount of participation: The participation is max. EUR 750.000, of which max. EUR 500.000 in the first round of financing.
- Type of participation: As a rule, typically silent participation.
- Term: With a typically silent participation, a term up to max. 31.12.2030 possible.
- Conversion right: For another financing round, there is a conversion right into an open participation, which is based on the evaluation of this first follow-up financing round.
- Deductibles: The founding partners do not have to assume any personal liability. However, the founders are expected to make a personal financial contribution of at least EUR 25.000 in share capital.