Thinknet 6G: New Initiative at Bayern Innovativ
Although 5G (5th Generation) mobile technology is still ramping up, research and development of 6G have already begun. Bayern Innovativ’s new “Thinknet 6G” initiative is focusing on the next generation of mobile communications.
The initiative “Thinknet 6G” was founded to ensure that all relevant stakeholders in Bavaria are involved in the research and development of 6G at an early stage. The cooperation platform will be an agile ecosystem of industry players, research institutions, associations, innovators, start-ups and incubators. Thinknet 6G is both an expert think-tank and an agile community for all organizations and stakeholders who are interested in 6G development.
Thinknet 6G is hosted by the Center for Digitalisation Bavaria (Zentrum Digitalisierung.Bayern) at Bayern Innovativ, and will pursue the following main goals and activities:
• Establish a vibrant ecosystem of 6G stakeholders in Bavaria, Germany, Europe, and internationally
• Act as a central point-of-contact and point-of-information for 6G topics and questions
• Stimulate networking and exchange between the relevant stakeholders, to enable collaboration, cooperation and knowledge transfer
• Cooperate and network with 6G organizations in other states and countries
• Support pre-competitive consensus building and reciprocal exchange
• Promote Thinknet 6G and its activities, for example via an annual 6G conference
• Provide expert input and support to define calls for research funding
Thinknet 6G is one of three 6G pillars which were announced as part of the Bavarian Hightech Agenda Plus, Bavaria’s high-tech initiative. The other two pillars will be a lighthouse 6G research lab at the Technical University of Munich and funding calls for joint 6G research projects. Thinknet 6G at Bayern Innovativ will work closely with the other two pillars as well as with 6G organizations in the rest of Germany and internationally.
For more information visit: https://www.bayern-innovativ.de/netzwerke-und-thinknet/uebersicht-digitalisierung/thinknet-6g